St. Maarten Laboratory Services NV (SLS) is a young and rapidly growing organization within the health care sector in St. Maarten. SLS provides 24 hours services to inpatients and ER, outpatients, patients referred by General Practitioners, government and the private sector. Our mission is to provide quality and a reliable service to our clients. The need for the quality service is required both nationally and internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
According to ISO-15189, the Director of a Medical Laboratory must meet core competencies based on academic and post-graduate courses. An individual that possess a master’s in clinical chemistry as well as supplemented management courses.
We are seeking someone that will manage the organization in such a way that the commercial, organizational, financial and medical-analytical objectives are achieved, and the continuity of the company is guaranteed. The management framework is the Corporate Governance policy of the government and the long-term policy plan of the company.
The Laboratory Director provides scientific and project management expertise to identify, address and coordinate medical operation initiatives. Reviews and analyzes policy proposals that effect the department’s interest and advises on its impact.
· Directs the Management Team and indirectly manages 30 employees
· Supervises the laboratory processes
· Management of resources
· Provides input into strategic plans, year plan and quality plans
· Provides insight into new testing and develops and implements new technologies
· Provides interpretation and advise to clinicians on the use of medical laboratory tests
· Contribute to the overall quality of the medical laboratory
· Quality assurance and management information
· Creates and implements strategies, policies procedures and best practices needed to support the optimal performance of the laboratory
· Reports to the Board of Supervisors
Requirements and skills needed
· Completion of Management courses / or a master’s degree in business
· Masters/ PHD in Clinical Chemistry
· 5 or more years’ experience in a similar position
· Knowledge of and experience with laboratory quality systems
· Knowledge and experience with laboratory (automated) information systems
· Good command of the English & Dutch language
If you meet the above criteria and you are interested in this position, email your resume and cover letter to the SLS HR Department HR@sls.sx by Friday November 15th, with the subject Laboratory Director. All interested persons should submit their application and resume to the company and include the Department of Labor Affairs: Laborfirstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always open to accepting qualified people for appropriate job openings at St. Maarten Laboratory Services. Each employee at St. Maarten Laboratory Services has been carefully selected to be part of a team that is constantly striving to improve excellent diagnostic services.
If you believe you have the right skills, experience, and positive attitude to be part St. Maarten Laboratory Services, feel free to forward your resume. If your resume suits our requirement, you will be contacted for further discussion.
What we offer:
- An ambitious work environment where no day is the same
- The possibility to follow training(s)
- Besides a very attractive salary, SLS offers a very attractive secondary employment benefits
- Minimum of 22 vacation days
- Vacation Allowance
- Participation in the Pension Fund
- Life insurance
- Relocation package
We look forward to having you as an addition to our SLS Team!
- Position you wish to apply for
- Contact number(s)
- Cover Letter
- Upload Your Resume
Send in your resume and your motivation letter to HR@sls.sx