Preparation Blood Collection
Do you have to go to the laboratory to withdraw blood? Then please read the following tips carefully:
- After receiving the lab request form from your doctor, please carefully read the form. This may include instructions that are of interest to you, for example; whether you need to be “fasting” before the test.
- “Fasting”: means that the patient has not consumed any calories for a minimum of 8 hours. The patient may only drink water up until the time of blood collection.
- If you use medicines, you can take them as you are used to, unless your doctor has agreed to do anything else with you.
- If you need material for the examination, for example a tube for the 24-hour urine collection, you can obtain it from one of the phlebotomy centers.
- If your doctor requested a “test” which requires you to collect the sample yourself (e.g. 24-hour urine or stool), please click on “patient information folder” for more information.
When visiting any of the phlebotomy centers, please bring the following items with you:
- Lab form (filled in by a doctor)
- Insurance card
- Valid ID
- Sample (if applicable e.g. 24-hour urine)
If you are uninsured, SLS N.V. accepts the following forms of payment:
- Debit Card (Maestro)
- Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express, etc.)